Saturday, January 31, 2009

Daddy's In Charge

Thursday, I got a call from daycare telling me to come pick up Kate because she had a fever of 101 degrees. So, I stayed home with her Thursday afternoon. Kate had to stay home on Friday as well according to the 24 hour-fever/vomiting rule from daycare. Since I had some appointments already for Friday, Sam stayed home with Kate for the day. I think they both had a fun day together and Kate seemed to be feeling much better. However, we were in for a rude awakening after bedtime....Kate apparently had a stomach bug and the "fun" was just beginning. Unfortunately she got sick several more times that night and into Saturday! YUCK....

Anyway, when I got home from work Friday night (before the "fun" began), Sam had surprised me with making a great dinner for me. Apparently he was pretty proud of it as well, because when I noticed the camera was laying out, Sam had taken a few snapshots during the day. A couple of Kate during her sick day and lots pictures of the prime rib he was cooking me for dinner. I found it amusing to find several pictures of raw meat on my camera. What can I say? The man loves his meat! Needless to say, dinner was great!

Sam made quite a good little homemaker that day. I came home from a long day at work to a happy child, semi-clean house and prime rib in the oven.
(See raw meat picture below courtesy of Sam)

1 comment:

Haley said...

Glad to know Sam has the "homemaking" under control! Did it occur to him to take the picture after he cooked it? Wierd... Ha! So sorry Kate has been sick- hope she's feeling better today. I can't wait to see her 9m pics! When will you get the slideshow?