Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cookies for Santa

We headed back from Moulton on Christmas eve in time to set out cookies and milk for Santa (and some treats for the reindeer). As sweet as it was watching her load up a plate of cookies for Santa, my favorite part of the evening happened just before. All through December, we had two elfs at our house: Buddy (The Elf on the Shelf) and Ellie (Elf Magic). Part of the deal with the elves are that they are there for December but on Christmas eve, they have to go back to their home at the North Pole with Santa. So, Buddy, the elf that we can't touch, was perched on the mantle ready for Santa's arrival so he could go back to the North Pole. However, Ellie, the elf that Kate could play with, has to be placed under the Christmas tree so Santa knows where to find her. I have been trying to prepare Kate for their departure on Christmas eve as she had gotten pretty attached to her elves this year. When I told her it was time to place Ellie under the tree, Kate put Ellie under the tree and said in the most sweet, sincere, and endearing voice, "Ellie, I love you and I sure am going to miss you." She sat there quietly for a moment then finished saying her sweet goodbyes to Ellie. Aaahh! Brought tears to my eyes. So sweet. I wish I could bottle her up and keep her at this age forever!


Cookies & milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.

No comments: